osPID_FrontEnd

Re: osPID_FrontEnd

Postby Brett » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:40 pm

still get the same error and the same line highlighted.

crazy. ok, so you have the right version of the front-end, since it's asking for that function. the "ReadProfiles" function is in SPProfile.pde (it shows up as a tab in the processing ide). can you confirm that the ReadProfiles function is there on line 37? perhaps the download was corrupted somehow.
Brett
Site Admin

Postby Ron » Tue May 01, 2012 11:33 am

Brett wrote:
still get the same error and the same line highlighted.

crazy. ok, so you have the right version of the front-end, since it's asking for that function. the "ReadProfiles" function is in SPProfile.pde (it shows up as a tab in the processing ide). can you confirm that the ReadProfiles function is there on line 37? perhaps the download was corrupted somehow.

Yes:

void ReadProfiles(String directory)
Ron

Postby Brett » Sat May 05, 2012 9:06 pm

I've moved the code into a sub-folder within the git repository. this should allow the code to be run without needing to move / rename the program folder. I did this more for convenience, but there's a (small) chance that it may also correct this issue.
Brett
Site Admin

Postby Ron » Mon May 07, 2012 12:34 am

okay, I'm out of town on business this week but will give this a try when I return home.
Ron

Postby Ron » Mon May 14, 2012 11:49 am

Ron wrote:okay, I'm out of town on business this week but will give this a try when I return home.

okay, I tried with a fresh download and still getting the same result. Any other thoughts?
Ron

Postby Brett » Tue May 22, 2012 9:35 pm

I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel here, but can you confirm that you're using version 0.5.4 of the controlp5 library?
Brett
Site Admin

Postby 2lostkiwis » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:11 pm

Brett wrote:I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel here, but can you confirm that you're using version 0.5.4 of the controlp5 library?

Hi Brett,

Just downloaded osPID-osPID-Front-End-69c3a6b.zip and had similar problems mentioned in this thread. Had to copy the profiles directory to the applications folder, not ideal but workable for the moment. Application still doesn't run, so tried to debug under processing (first time I have used it). I can confirm I have v0.5.4 of the controlP5 library installed.

First problem is on line 114 of osPID_FrontEnd.pde:
Code: Select all
ReadProfiles(curDir+"\\profiles");

The ends up passing the path of /Applications\profiles to the function which is invalid on OS X. Changing the \\profiles to /profiles got past this.

A similar problem exists on line 44 of SPProfile.pde:
Code: Select all
profs[i] = CreateProfile(directory+"\\"+files[i]);

After making these changes the application now runs, and the graphs are updated. Not sure how to fix this to be cross platform though.

Cheers,
Ian.
2lostkiwis

Postby Brett » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:23 pm

Ian, thanks so much for doing the leg work on this bug. I've just committed a change to github. I replaced the "\\" with File.separator. at runtime the application should now choose the correct slash depending on the operating system.

of course I can only confirm that this works on Windows, but I'm pretty confident that this is the solution.
Brett
Site Admin

Postby 2lostkiwis » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:58 pm

Brett wrote:Ian, thanks so much for doing the leg work on this bug. I've just committed a change to github. I replaced the "\\" with File.separator. at runtime the application should now choose the correct slash depending on the operating system.
of course I can only confirm that this works on Windows, but I'm pretty confident that this is the solution.

Hi Brett, no problems - thanks for your all your work too :-)
osPID-osPID-Front-End-57b5854 works for me fine now.
Cheers, Ian.
2lostkiwis

Previous

Return to Software