Ramp Soak and stuff

Re: Ramp Soak and stuff

Postby KC6QHP » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:21 am

I'm also eagerly awaiting this update. I'm looking at using the osPID for reflow oven control.

Tony
KC6QHP

Postby Brett » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:52 pm

I'm also eagerly awaiting this update

the wait is over! new firmware went up today.
http://www.ospid.com/blog/the-long-awaited-firmware-update/
Brett
Site Admin

Postby Maddox » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:18 am

Thanks for all the hard work...now to start playing with reflowing!
Maddox

Postby ControlFreak » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:00 pm

Yeah thanks for all the hard work Brett, I'm looking forward to downloading this new firmware and frontend and having a play.

Controlfreak
ControlFreak

Postby deejay1272 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:44 pm

Brett wrote:I'm currently working on making a SP profile generator for the front-end, but currently all you can do is hard-change the setpoint.

Hi Brett,

I'm in the process of rummaging around in the source code to create my own setpoint profile to 1) heat an espresso machine boiler tank from cold to full brew temp (~100*C) and 2) maintain that brew temp in steady state.

Before I dig any deeper, I'm wondering about this profile generator that you mention above. Is this planned as a release some time soon? Thanks for any update you can share with us.

In the mean-time I'll continue to slog through the code in hopes of piecing together a clever profile.

It's all good fun if you ask me!

Thx,
Dan
deejay1272

Postby Cracked » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:44 pm

The current firmware has ramp/soak functionality.
Cracked

Postby deejay1272 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:20 pm

I'm having fun making profiles on my own now.

One suggestion: It would be great to have the ability to choose from one of several pre-loaded temperature profiles from the on-board interface. I may try to implement this myself. If I'm successful, I'll share whatever it is that I come up with.
deejay1272

Postby Brett » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:33 pm

originally the plan was to allow multiple profiles on the unit, but we started running into ram issues (the profile info is all stored in arrays)
Brett
Site Admin

Postby Cracked » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:08 am

Is the profile stored as a lot of setpoints at some small increment of time, or as a slope between time points (or otherwise)?

Having the option to specify a ramp rate and a ramp duration (i.e. as distint from a setpoint temperature and ramp duration) would be a nice to have.
Cracked

Postby Brett » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:55 pm

Having the option to specify a ramp rate and a ramp duration (i.e. as distint from a setpoint temperature and ramp duration) would be a nice to have.

this is essentially how it's done. you specify the target temperature and how long you want it to take to get there. that's what gets stored on the unit. it then calculates at runtime what the setpoint should be. take a look at this thread. the values stored on the unit are the same as the values in the profile file.
Brett
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Software